Announcing an Exciting Partnership!
Travel is a learning opportunity that everyone should experience. New cultures, cuisines, sights, and sounds provide countless opportunities to indulge and stimulate the senses. Not only does being in another country expand your knowledge and intercultural awareness but it is also a journey of self discovery and adventure!
Fortunately, many countries are seeking ways to create diversity and inclusion for travelers with ‘Specific Requirements’ and providing many accessible options. It’s important to remember though, the world is not 100% accessible; however, if you are okay with a few bumps in the road, anything is possible!
mobileWOMEN.org is thrilled to announce an exciting new partnership with Travel for All, a travel agency specializing in accessible travel. These mobileWOMEN understand firsthand, the challenges of traveling with a disability and have the knowledge, experience and passion to create a memorable vacation, custom designed to your specific wants, needs and budget.
Travel for All will also be organizing accessible trips that we will feature on our site and will be listed here. They can also handle any of your traveling needs and have generously offered to donate a portion of the profits of each trip booked through our site, to mobileWOMEN.org. Although all of us including our contributors volunteer, we still have operating expenses such as annual website and domain fees, to cover. These funds will be used towards these expenses and improving the site. If you are interested in a trip and want more information, please contact Accessible Travel Specialist, Tabassum Chagani at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free at 1-888-993-9295.
10 Days Accessible Bali
A journey through the island of the gods! Balinese culture is embedded in a breathtaking countryside of volcanoes, tropical forests, green paddy fields and the blue ocean.
CAD 2324 per person (Prices are subject to change)
· Transport in air-conditioned vehicles
· All entrance fees for the described program
· Assistance as described
· Accommodation in double rooms in hotels as described. Breakfast included
· Use of a beach wheelchair in Sanur, shower chairs, portable ramps, transfer board, portable grab bars
A TEAM OF EXPERIENCED STAFF WILL BE PROVIDED TO ASSIST & ORGANIZE BARRIER FREE SIGHTSEEING. THEY WILL BE SUPPORTED BY ENGLISH SPEAKING GUIDES AND DRIVERS WHO ARE EXPERIENCED IN ASSISTING GUESTS USING WHEELCHAIRS
· Transport: Toyota Hiace minivan, access via a portable ramp.
· Seating inside vehicles: Guests using wheelchairs can stay seated in their chairs, or transfer into seats.
o BALI Sanur: Wheelchair accessible room or a stair-free room with roll-in shower, portable grab bars, wide bathroom door (68 cm)*
o BALI Candidasa: Rooms with ramp at entrance, spacious interior, wide doors, roll-in shower.
Pick up from the Denpasar airport in Bali’s capital in a wheelchair accessible van, arrive at hotel at the relaxed Sanur beach.
A day on the beach with a beach wheelchair, in the afternoon we take a walk along the Sanur beach promenade, and in the evening explore the Sanur Cafe mile.
First stop is Tirta Empul, a temple around sacred water fountains. From there, we travel to the Sangeh nutmeg forest with its friendly monkeys. In the early evening, witness a Kecac Firedance performance on the famous Batubulan stage!
We leave the hotel in Sanur and move eastwards to Candidasa. We visit Goa Lawah on the way, inhabited by thousands of sacred bats, and the traditional salt production in Kusamba. Close to Candidasa, a stop at the Tenganan village of the original Bali inhabitants.
An adventurous tour to the Lempuyang Temple, high up in the mountains, with a spectacular view onto the active volcano Mount Agung! In the neighbourhood, at the foot of the mountain, lies the picturesque Waterpalace Taman Ujung.
A trip to the ‘mother temple’ Besakih on the slopes of Mount Agung, and further up to the small town Kintamani, on the edge of the enormous Batur crater.
We leave Candidasa and move back to Sanur. On the way, a stop in Muncan for our famous “Farmers walk”: Experience first-hand the tropical countryside and life in Bali on a walk with Suar the farmer and temple priest and his wife Subita. Later, there is opportunity for a stroll on the Ubud art market.
Beach day! Enjoy Sanur beach with our beach wheelchair! The cars are on stand-by. Optional, take a trip to the famous Jatiluwih rice terraces.
And a last sightseeing day, to the south of Bali: First stop is the Serangan Turtle Rescue Center. From there we continue to Uluwatu, the temple on a cliff overseeing the Indian Ocean. Last but not least, a visit at the notorious touristic strip of Kuta, to watch beach life and high waves!
ACCESSIBLE GROUP TOUR OF SPAIN AND MOROCCO
NOVEMBER 5 – 16 , 2018
|Alcazar de Sevilla|
The first trip that we are featuring is 100% accessible, group vacation to two magical destinations; Morocco, the Gateway to Africa, and Spain, an artist and historian’s mecca hosted by Travel For All’s Accessible Travel Specialist, Tabassum, from Nov.5 - 16, 2018.
Morocco includes: Tours of Tangier, Asilah, Fes, Volubilis, Merrakesh, Casablanca
· 5 Nights in a 4-Star ACCESSIBLE Barcelo Casablanca Hotel breakfast included
· Half Board (some Dinners)
· 6 Days of ACCESSIBLE Transportation
· Professional Driver (licensed for tourism)
· Professional, English Speaking, Licensed, Full Time Tour Guide for the Entire Tour
· Excursions (Volubilis, Asilah, and Medina)
· Tours in Marrakech, Fes, and Tangier
· Entrance fees to historical sites
· Portage Tips for bags
· Daily Water in Vehicles
· All Moroccan VAT taxes included
· 24/7 Emergency In-Country Phone Line
Not Included but Available
· Roundtrip Airfare
· Travelers Insurance
· Equipment Rentals
· Wheelchair Pushers
Spain Includes: Tours of Barcelona and Seville
· Accessible 4**** Hotel in Seville
The Hotel Melia is located in a commercial area, very close to the Old Town and the High Speed Train Station. It was renewed in 2016 and has two restaurants and a cocktail bar, all available during the whole day.
The Mosaic Restaurant offers traditional and international food and La Taberna offers traditional Sevillian dishes.
· Accessible 4**** Hotel Barcelona
Ilunion Barcelona Hotel is located in Poblenou quarter, right next to Rambla del Poblenou, a wide street with many bars and restaurants with its terrace. Pablenou quarter is more quiet than the famous, La Rambla and is a perfect place to relax after a long day visiting the city.
|Pool with Lift|
The hotel also has a great terrace at the top of the hotel, with great city views.
The accessible room is a deluxe room category with an adapted bathroom with roll in shower and shower seat. Double Room with Breakfast included.
· The rooms are elegant and comfortable, all of them with AC, TV, Wi-Fi and roll-in-shower. Double Room and Breakfast rate included.
· Expert local official English speaking Tour guide
· Private adapted minibus with AC, equipped with manual ramp and tie-downs
· Full guided visit and skip the line entrance tickets to Sagrada Familia
· Full guided visit of the Old Town of Barcelona (Including Santa Maria del Mar, Cathedral of Barcelona, Jewish quarter, Gothic Quarter, Roman columns)
|Train from Barcelona to Seville|
· AVE High speed Train from Barcelona to Seville
Duration: 5,5 hours
Seats for 5 people at AVE High speed trains equipped with lift ramp access and tie down system.
Organized assistance by Atendo staff at each station included.
· Accessible Minibus pick-ups
· Seville Airport - Hotel in Seville
· Hotel in Seville- Seville Train station
· Barcelona Train Station - Hotel in Barcelona
· Hotel in Barcelona - Barcelona Airport
Transfer services guaranteed:
· Driver will wait even if there is a setback
· Easy meet up at the arrival area with a sign with your name
· Personal assistance with luggage and accessing the minivan
· Comfortable and modern minibus with AC, tie down system, seatbelt and enough space for luggage
Personal Assistance and Equipment
For an additional cost, Travel for All can arrange a registered nurse or personal assistant to take care of your personal needs along with specialized medical equipment such as manual and power wheelchairs, scooters, shower chairs, specialized mattresses, medical beds, beach chairs and lifts.